• Beautiful landscapes of Ma Tra valley featured by impressive terraced rice paddies on steep hill sides.
• Paying visiting to local homes, meeting Hmong peoples doing their every day work.
Locating just a bout 5km southeast of Sapa town, Ma Tra valley attracts visitors for its stunning scenery highlighted with impressive terraced rice fields. The Hmong peoples has changed from sifting lifestyle into sedentary one form early 20th Century and built terraced field to ensure their permanent earning by farming wet rice. And luckily that until now the valley is not so much influence by bad images of tourism as some other valleys near Sapa such as Cat Cat, Ta Phin or Muong Hoa.
Trip commences from Sapa at 08.30am or 01.30pm by a 5km road transfer out of Sapa town. Then walk starts from here downhill and cross the stream to the other bank where Suoi Ho village beautifully sits on the top of a low hill. Spend half an hour to visit several local homes for understanding of local life before continue walking along a large path on hillsides which is paved with rock to get through Ma Tra village. This portion of the walk offers beautiful scenery of the valley and terraced paddies as well as flower farm. Paying visiting to a ruined of the French Catholic church at the end of the walk, then picked up and transfer by road 12km back to Sapa.
Tour summary: Road transfer 18km/ Easy walk and visiting local homes about 3 hours.
• This trip can be organized the whole year around.
• This trip is quite suitable to old-age customers and family travel with children due to good path condition. However it is getting touristic but still much better than other walk to Lao Chai, Ta Van or Ta Phin.
• English speaking guide. (Surchage for French speaking guide $.10/day)
• Permission for traveling along the border and visiting fee.
• Road transfer by good vehicle and mountain experienced driver.
• Accommodation as stated in tour plan.
• Meals as stated in tour plan.
• Drinking water, fruit and snack for the whole trip.
• Personal Pocket Money
• Soft drink (beer, coca cola…)
• All other services not indicated above
Submit your review