An exciting bicycle and boat tour along the lovely Thu Bon River combined with visiting herb & vegetable village and traditional craft villages; get the interesting insight into the traditional manual craft industries that have been providing livelihoods to the locals for centuries.
- Gives you an authentic glimpse into the traditional lives of the people in Tra Que village
- Learn about the cultivation of vegetables and their use in traditional Vietnamese medicine
- Understand and know the history of Hoi An Silk Village, some processes of producing silk
- Jump aboard a local-style boat to traverse the waterways from Hoi An to nearby craft villages
- Visit Thanh Ha Pottery Village, famous for formally providing decorative pottery to the palaces of the Nguyen Dynasty.
- Visit Thanh Ha Terra Cotta Park Museum
- Take a boat trip to Kim Bong Carpentry Village to watch how traditional wooden fishing boats are made
- See skilled carpenters create handcrafted furniture and carvings
It is always a good idea to enjoy the morning by an exciting bicycle ride to a local farm in Tra Que Village to explore the cultivation of vegetables and their uses in traditional Vietnamese medicine. You will take a trip around the vegetable garden and join the farmers in preparing and fertilizing the land with seaweed from the local lake. Then, we will taste a local food called Tam Huu (“packed with pork, prawn, mint and coriander”) with the local family.
We ride back to the office and prepare visiting Hoi An Silk Village where we will learn the story of craft sericulture and visit the silkworm-breeding house to see the cocoons, learn how to feed the silkworms and unravel silkworm cocoons by using traditional methods. Have lunch.
We will transfer to the port and take a boat trip on Thu Bon River, then head to the Kim Bong Carpentry Village. Visit the shipbuilding area where wooden fishing vessels are built by using traditional techniques. You will also have a stop at the carpentry workshop where carpenters create handcrafted furniture and sculptures. Next stop is Thanh Ha Pottery Village; we will observe the necessary steps used for producing pottery products. After learning about pottery making, we visit Thanh Ha Terra Cotta Park Museum. The museum is a continuous shift where past, present and future influence each other.
Submit your review