A relaxing boat tour along the lovely Thu Bon River, combined with visiting traditional craft villages; gain an interesting insight into the traditional manual craft industries that have been providing livelihoods to the locals for centuries.
- Jump aboard a local-style boat to traverse the waterways from Hoi An to nearby craft villages
- Visit Thanh Ha pottery village, famous for formally providing decorative pottery to the palaces of the Nguyen Dynasty.
- Visit Thanh Ha Terra Cotta Park museum
- View the hand-crafting of decorative pottery; teapots and cups, vases and bowls; and have a product made especially for you!
- Travel by boat to Kim Bong carpentry village to watch how traditional wooden fishing boats are made
- See skilled carpenters create handcrafted furniture and carvings
Guide and driver will pick you up from hotel to transfer to the port in Hoi An. From the port, we will depart for Thanh Ha Pottery Village where you can learn about and take part in the daily life of Thanh Ha people. Thanh Ha Pottery Village has over 500 years of history from the establishing period up to now. With the gifted hands of the craftmen, they create the products with different shapes. Here, we will observe the necessary steps used for producing pottery products such as vases, pots and kettles. After learning about pottery making, we visit Thanh Ha Terra Cotta Park museum. The museum is a continuous shift where past, present and future influence each other.
We will then take another 30-minute boat ride up Thu Bon River where we will head to the Kim Bong Carpentry Village. This is a traditional craft village in Hoi An and formed in the 15th century by Vietnamese from the Northern Provinces: Thanh Hoa, Nghe An, Ha Tinh. Visit and learn about the shipbuilding area where wooden fishing vessels are built using traditional techniques. You will also have a stop at the carpentry workshop where carpenters create handcrafted furniture and sculptures.
Transfer and transportation as per itinerary
Bottled drinking water
English speaking tour guide (other languages available upon request)
Free for children 0-5 years old
50% off for children 6-10 years old
Tips and gratuities
Personal expenses such as: shopping, telephone, beverage, etc.
Submit your review