Tour to two different UNESCO World Heritage Sites in one day; the ancient Champa Kingdom of My Son, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that was the spiritual and political capital of the Champa Kingdom from the fourth to thirteenth Century and a comprehensive walking tour through the delightful Hoi An Ancient Town, a beautifully preserved Unesco World Heritage Site which has remained virtually unchanged through the centuries.
● Wander around the lost Champa Kingdom that dates back to the third century
● Marvel at the beauty of the location; lush valley surrounded by towering mountains
● Explore the temples and learn about the fascinating history behind this sanctuary of Hinduism
● Enjoy a delicious lunch in Hoi An
● Enter historical houses and sites dating as far back as the fifteenth century, beautifully combining elements of Japanese, Chinese and Vietnamese architecture
● See how locals raise silkworm to produce silk for the beautiful handmade garments Hoi An is famous for
We will begin our day trip with a visit to the capital and religious center of the former Champa Kingdom, My Son, which has been designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Beautifully situated in a lush green valley, there are dozen of red brick towers and sanctuaries dating from between the 7th and 13th century. It presents a vivid picture of spiritual and political life in an important phase of the history of South-East Asia. After concluding the first half of the tour, we will return to Hoi An and enjoy a delicious lunch.
In the afternoon, we will discover the city of Hoi An on foot. The historic town, which used to be a prosperous seaport city from the 16th to 18th century, is now a wonderful city that cannot be missed while touring the Southeast Asian region. While walking through the city, we will make a few stop to visit Hoi An Museum, many of the town’s renowned Ancient Houses which boast remarkable architecture, Assembly Halls of Chinese influence; Art Craft Manufacturing Workshop and of course the must-see Japanese Covered Bridge. Mostly the houses here were designed with the Chinese, Japanese architecture. Because in accordance with the history, the Chinese, Japanese used to come here for settling down and doing business. Besides, you can recognize the Eastern and Western architectures through these ancient houses.
Price: VND 1,790,000/pax ~ USD 85/pax (min.2 pax)
Submit your review